Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a NEW look at our House!

The Entryway Before & After
I love how this turned out. Notice the lamp on the table and it's transformation coming up...
This is the best picture with my night time lighting to see the darkest paint color. Most of the other pictures seem a bit washed out. So just imagine the pretty color on the walls!

Living Room Before & After

I am trying to decide if I am going to hang the long pictures on the sides next to the piano. I plan to leave the large one leaned on the piano and add some accessories around it.

My favorite little spot. I love the lamps now.... weren't always my fav before, but a little cream spray paint and a little bird perched on top... so cute.

Family Room Before & After

I have always wanted to do 2 trees and this year I did. This tree was dubbed the Charlie Brown Tree. I thought it was cute. It has all the ornaments that were colored and the kids ornaments. All the others went on the fancy tree in the living room. And I got and ANGEL & a STAR this year, and I am always torn which to put up since I like both.

The big CHANGE was in the kitchen. I have LOVED the red kitchen
but was ready for a fresh new look.

and here it is with black painted cabinets. Still need a few touches like curtains. I love how the dishwasher disappears and now I want a black stove and a little bit of molding along the top of the cabinets. I am also hoping to get a white sink instead of the stainless steel.
A new shimmery saying in my window frame. A new hook to hang it that I picked up at the Boston Trip a few months ago.
I have had this shelf for years and it was brown and worn and now with a fresh coat of black paint it looks great and gives me some more space for all my white dishes & glasses.

Well there it is a bit of touch up here and there but I am loving it!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

WOW! It looks GREAT!! :) Happy New Year - hope 2009 is WONDERFUL for you guys!

Fish-Ninja said...

Nice Pad!! Maybe you should get a black sink for the kitchen, along with the new stove, really black it all out!

Kristie said...

It looks GREAT!! It's always fun to get a fresh look to start off the year!!

Katie said...

WOW!! It looks awesome!! Your kitchen is such a transformation....love it! Great job!

Happy New Year!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, my gosh, I just LOVE your black cabinets. Your kitchen makeover was really dramatic. Great job! -Julia :-)